The Great Migration — New CORD token GAS FREE DeFi and Advanced Tech for CORD.Finance
Our project slogan is “If you build it they will come,” and we continue to live up to that. Thus far we have created an advanced pairing token for CORD (named VACC) with many modern features to support cutting edge DeFi. We have rebranded the project to CORD.Finance on the web as well as multiple social media platforms, to better reflect our focus on cutting edge DeFi, including exciting new partnerships and very big ideas. It is now time for the third piece of this puzzle, to complete the trifecta.
We are migrating the CORD token itself into the modern age, from the old token (henceforth referred to as OLDCORD) to the new (henceforth referred to as CORD), with the same advanced features enjoyed by VACC, and most importantly, a GAS FREE DeFi platform. The functionality of the platform will be totally familiar, yet transactions happen for PENNIES instead of the hundreds of dollars you now pay on ethereum. There will be many more details about the upcoming GAS FREE DeFi environment soon, that will be Part II of this migration. Part I is the initial transition. This can be accomplished easily by staking your CORD in a very high APY vault for four weeks, see below.
So what is so great about the new CORD? Plenty!
- GAS FREE DeFi platform once we complete the move, but plenty more advantages beyond no fees, see below
- New CORD is a modern token with modern features for cutting edge DeFi, supporting exciting new partnerships and very big ideas.
- No mint function as before (current total supply = theoretical max supply)
- Burn function and a willingness to use it! (We have burned 10 CORD thus far, reducing total supply to 18,990 on Day 1)
- Optional taxation (a very small tax on transfers) will supply the dev wallet with gas to deploy contracts. And if it builds up high enough, it can also be used for CORD/VACC buybacks thus boosting the price.
- Global CORD hodler’s multiplier! Sound familiar? It should: this is similar to the popular global VACC hodler’s multiplier; the new CORD supports a similar feature, which can create additional value for CORD as needed to support the tokenomics of the project.
As if moving to the new modern CORD on a GAS FREE DeFi platform weren’t enough, the Migration Vault also earns you very high APY with fewer requirements for high multipliers.
- High 15,000 VACC per week rewards
- 50% staking multiplier on any amount staked (SPECIAL for Migration Vault)
- 50% locking multiplier on all deposits any time before close (SPECIAL for Migration Vault)
- NO TAX on reward token withdrawal (SPECIAL for Migration Vault)
- Global VACC hodler’s multiplier in effect as with all our pools/vaults; just keep your VACC in your personal wallet and earn higher APY — no spending required
- Note that for technical reasons, all stakes will be locked until vault completion
Sounds awesome! So how do I migrate? This couldn’t be easier.
- Go to pool.cord.finance/retired/ and visit all three retired pools/vaults pages. Unstake your OLDCORD, OLDCORD-VACC-LP or OLDCORD-ETH-LP in all retired pools/vaults.
- Go to UniSwap, select the Pools tab, and unwind your OLDCORD-VACC-LP and OLDCORD-ETH-LP into the native CORD and VACC and ETH. (If you can’t see the liquidity pools to manage, select import and enter the old contract address for OLDCORD along with either VACC or ETH.)
- Hang onto your VACC after you unwind. The project is no longer providing CORD/VACC liquidity until after migration is complete. However, there no need to trade it for OLDCORD anyway; VACC is/will be highly valuable, and will benefit you even while migrating by boosting your APY.
- Go to pool.cord.finance and stake your OLDCORD in the Migration Vault.
- To claim your new CORD in exchange for OLDCORD, make sure you stake in the Migration Vault before the deposit window closes (28 days after vault launches); there is a countdown on the vault.
- Your new CORD will be claimable one week later, and by then we will have completed the updated UI and announced the details of how to easily move your new CORD and VACC tokens onto the new network, so you may enjoy our new GAS FREE DeFi platform
In summary, we are migrating to a new CORD token with advanced, modern features, because that will complete the trifecta: a modern CORD, a modern VACC, and a modern brand. Upon completing the swap, our new DeFi platform will be running on a near gas-free network. This will enable DeFi transactions for PENNIES rather than the hundreds of dollars you pay on ethereum mainnet. No longer shackled by exorbitant fees, and armed with an advanced new CORD token on par with VACC, CORD.Finance will be well positioned to enter into the next level of cutting edge DeFi, including exciting new partnerships and very big ideas.
REMINDER: Migrate your OLDCORD tokens by depositing them into the high APY Migration Vault by March 5th or be stuck with the old tokens which will no longer be supported. Stake in the Migration Vault NOW!
IMPORTANT NOTE: No OLDCORD tokens purchased on the Ethereum blockchain after the liquidity transfer begins will be transferable to the new blockchain. Do NOT BUY OLDCORD after commencement of liquidity transfer set to begin Feb 19th.
- The CORD.Finance Team